Website Tracking allows you to create Campaigns and Automations based on the behavior of your website visitors. So you can craft emails that are more timely, targeted and personalized, which are proven to provide a better experience and increase conversions.
What’s the difference between Automizy Website Tracking and Google Analytics?
Google Analytics or similar software give you data about your website activity and performance. It’s anonymous and aggregated data which lets you identify trends and issues on your website.
Website Tracking gives you insight into what your contacts are doing on your website. Based on that, you can automatically create personalized experiences and send personalized messages to each of your contacts.
What can I use Website Tracking for?
Website Tracking inside Automizy lets you create Automations that automatically adapt as your contacts interact with your website:
- Trigger Automations
- Send an offer or a coupon code 1 hour later to a contact who visited a specific product page
- Trigger an Automation only if a contact visited a certain page
- Tag Contacts
- Tag contacts who visited a specific product category multiple times and send a follow-up sequence
- Automatically segment contacts in Automations
- Send different messages to contacts who visited a specific page on your site
- Move contacts to a different Automation if they viewed 3 or more important pages of your site
- Personalized the content of Emails based on what pages your contacts have visited frequently
All these let you accurately identify and target certain contacts. Especially, if you combine Website Tracking data with other behavioral data in Automizy, like:
- email opens,
- link clicks,
- and form submits.
How does Website Tracking work?
You put a snippet of code into each page of your website so that page view data can be sent to your Automizy account. Website Tracking places a cookie that tracks page views. To connect page view data with a contact, contact will need to be identified so the site visits are linked to an email.
There 2 ways to identify visitors:
- Visitors submit a form created in Automizy.We’re not able to identify visitors who submit a third party form.
- When they click on a link in a email.
How to set up Website Tracking?
Website Tracking in Automizy is fast and easy to set up. We recommend setting it up because it enables you to send more timely, personal and targeted messages.
Set up Website Tracking:
1. Click on “Settings” at the bottom of the menu.
2. Click on “Website Tracking”.
This will take you to the Website Tracking setup wizard.
3. Paste or type the URL of your website into the field, then click “NEXT”
4. Copy and paste the tracking code into the <HEAD> section of your website.
Use the “COPY CODE” button at the bottom of the window (or Ctrl + C) to copy the code to your clipboard.
Press Ctrl + V to paste the code into the <HEAD> section of your site
Then click on “VALIDATE”
During validation, the system will check if everything is set up correctly.
If everything is set up correctly you’ll get a smile from Mizy, just click on “DONE”. That’s it.
If something’s not right, you’ll see a red box appear at the bottom of the window. Check whether:
1. You copied and pasted the whole code and didn’t leave any lines off.
2. You gave the correct website URL without any typos.
Now that you have Website Tracking set up, let’s see how to create Automations using page view data.
Trigger an Automation when a contact visits a page
- Select the “Visited an URL” option from the trigger options in the Visual Automation Builder.
2. Copy or type the URL of the page, which if, visited by a contact will trigger the automation. With the drop-down menu on the right, you can select if you want to trigger contacts who visited:
- The exact URL
- Any URL that starts with the one you have in the input field. This lets you track product or content categories
Tag Contacts who visited a page or category
The process starts in the same way. First you’ll have to setup the trigger:
1. Select the “Visited an URL” option from the trigger options in the Visual Automation Builder:
2. Copy or type the URL of the page, which if, visited by a contact will trigger the automation.
To trigger a contact on who visited a certain page select “Exact match” from the drop-down menu:
3. Click on the “+”, then click “Do this”:
4. Select “Add Tag to contact”, then choose a Tag you want to add to the contact:
To add a new tag, type the name of the new tag into the “Add New Tag...” field and press ENTER:
If you want to tag contacts who visited any page in a certain product or content category, follow the same process, but instead of “Exact match” choose “Starts with” and copy the URL of the subfolder.
For example, if I want to tag people who visited any of our blog articles I would choose “Starts with” and copy this URL into the field: https://automizy.com/blog/
On the other hand, if I want to tag people who visited our pricing page I would choose “Exact match” and copy this URL into the field: https://automizy.com/pricing/
That’s it, now you can follow the behavior of your contacts on your website.